Friday, May 23, 2008

Tested Seventh Generation products

I changed a lot in my household. If it comes to cleaning, i only use baking soda and vinegar. There are still things i have to change, like the detergent for the dish washer. So i tried the Seventh generation brand i found now at Shaws markets. I bought it, used only half what i use usually and i have to say, my dishes are clean. I find now peace that my dishes are not cleaned with toxic detergent.
Here is there website with coupons:
http://www.seventhgeneration.com/coupons

Another thing i found is trash bags that are made out of 70% recycled plastic. The brand is Earth Sense . Yes they are not the cheap brand, but for me its worth it.
There are many "earth friendly" products in the cleaning isle. But don't be fooled by brands like Lysol. They want to "hop on the organic wagon" . Go with products that used recycled content or with the USDA organic label.
Happy green shopping!

1 comment:

Veganmama said...

Behold the power of good old baking soda and white vinegar! Good for you, Karin!!