Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Grüezi from cheese country


It has been way too long since i posted. Today I want to write about our new home country Switzerland, the country I fell in love instantly and finally feel like I arrived in my life.

It will be a year in February that we moved from Germany to Switzerland, to this tiny village just outside from Basel; where you can find probably more cows and sheep around you then people. Where life is slow and the air is filled with silence and the taste of nature; and where people count vine, chocolate and cheese as basic foods.

I have to say that I discovered my love for cows J Not that I want one, but I cannot pass by and not look at them. The different kinds and the fact that they spend most of the year outside up the hills gives you the good feeling of being the closest to nature you can get.

Today I went horseback riding and it was so beautiful. I went all the way up on the hills overlooking our valley. I stopped there and it was the feeling of freedom you only can get on the back of a horse. The view of little farms, villages, busy farmers on the fields, cows and sheep are something I wish I could share with you, it’s indescribable.

I want to write a little more about food and wine within the next days, so stay tuned.

No comments: