Sunday, August 24, 2008

A batch of joghurt


Well, for most of us, joghurt is just another form of snack. And usally its also very healty for our tummy-area. In the last years you see commercials about joghurt that has some "good" bacteria, so your intestians do a better job for your overall health. All true, but you don't have to buy that "special" joghurt, that is double as expensive as normal ones. Just buy FAGE brand, its yummy and has all the good bacteria you need.

The reason i am writing this is that in the SCD diet homemade joghurt is the best resource for healty intestinals. And because Nickys intestinals where severe damaged from whatever it was (antibiodics, milk, gluten, suger and other food he was not tolerating) we waited for this day today for about half a year. Nicky is milkfree for over 19 months, so he hasn't eaten any products that come from a cow, sheep or goat.

So, i made my first batch of homemade joghurt. I found my old joghurtmaker in my mother-in-laws house and tried it. It was not hard to make. Just cooking some organic(BIO)milk, putting in some good joghurt (FAGE) and then it had to ferment for 24 hours in the machine. It has to ferment this long to get rid of all the milkstuff that could hurt Nicky's tummy again.

anyway, the result is YUMMY.

So i gave Nicky one teaspoon this afternoon. And now we wait, for a reaction, a good one (hopefully) or a horrific one.

Keep your fingers crossed that he sleeps well tonight and just tolerates the Joghurt .

The picture also shows my first batch of homemade applesauce. I got the apples last week from a friend; all organic apples, Philip picked them all :)

2 comments:

Veganmama said...

I wish I could taste both the yogurt and the apple sauce :) I miss you so much! Love, Nicole

Anonymous said...

YUM!!! This looks so good! I just bought ingredients to make goats milk today- my stomach doesn't tolerate cow's milk very well. You and Marie are inspirational with the food!!! I will pray that this works out okay.
Love, Fran